Pokemon

 I might be an older fan of PokemonPokemon had 4Kids Entertainment, TAJ productions, and other production companies that made the American / English dub.


In the 4Kids dub, I liked the theme songs.  In the Pokemon Company International version, I found the voices tolerable.


I was used to the 4Kids version.  The censorship of the sex and violence didn't bug me.  Pokemon was a kids franchise on network television for the first 8 seasons.  Did you really expect Pokemon to be oozing with sex and violence?


The only thing that bugged me was the Americanizing the Japanese food.  4Kids called a form of sushi "Jelly donuts".  I been in enough Asian restaurants as an adult to know what sushi (especially onigiri) looked like.


I mostly been watching

  • Pokemon Master Qiest (season 5)
  • Pokemon Sinnoh League Victors
  • Pokemon Journeys
  • Pokemon Horizons
I avoided Pokemon Battle Frontier (season 9) because I didn't like the voices (I was more likely to point out characters who I didn't like their voices) and didn't like the them song.


Pokemon Company International

  • owned Millenium Print Group
  • took over in-house dubbing of Pokemon starting with season 9 (Battle Frontier) onwards
    • this meant changing the voices
    • they hired TAJ productions initially
  • handled Pokemon licensing throughout globe except Japan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon

Rewatch of "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon"

Boy in the Box